What is A/B testing?
Why do you need to perform A/B testing?
What elements can you A/B test?
- Color of CTAs, backgrounds, and text.
- Images, audio, & video in your content or webpage.
- Subject lines in your emails.
- Font, boldness, and size of copy and headlines.
- The verbiage, voice, and sentence length of your marketing copy.
- Your call-to-action itself.
- The layout of your webpage and emails.
- The number of fields in your form.
- The promotion of the discount you offer.
- The length of content.
- Incorporating testimonials, reviews, expert opinion, and media mentions.
What are the steps to A/B testing?
- Identify what you want to test (webpage, email, content,etc.)
- Determine what your goals are (clicks, scroll depth, opens, etc.)
- Analyze your data to establish a baseline.
- Choose an element to test (color, size, image, etc.)
- Choose your tools or methods for testing.
- Gather a meaningful sample size and split randomly.
- Design and launch your experiment.
- Give test enough time to accumulate significant data.
- Analyze and optimize.
What are some A/B testing tools?
- Google Optimize
- Crazy Egg